Choosing an insurance broker in Calgary is a smart move for anyone looking for great rates and a service guarantee that always protects your best interests. Purchasing your coverage through a broker rather than directly from a provider buffers you against the risks and pitfalls that can stem from the incomplete knowledge most people have about insurance products.
Remember: insurance brokers work for you, not for the insurance companies. This is a key difference, and it’s something you’ll want on your side.
Working with an Insurance Broker in Calgary: What Brokers Do
Brokers work on behalf of their customers. They are not employed by insurance companies; rather, they are independent professionals that act as agents, connecting clients with the insurance products they need to protect their homes, vehicles, businesses, property and interests.
Their services include:
- Thorough need and risk assessments, custom-tailored to the individual circumstances of each client
- Providing insurance valuations, delivering inspection reports and helping clients with documentation practices
- Obtaining quotes from multiple providers and offering unbiased comparisons of the terms and conditions related to various options and policies
- Finding ways to keep premiums low by taking advantage of discounts and bundling options that can reduce costs
- Explaining all the details of policies in accessible language their clients can understand
- Following up with customers whose situations change as the result of refinanced mortgages, property acquisition and other fundamental shifts that could alter their insurance needs
- Offering trustworthy advice when it comes time to renew or change a policy
- Delivering quality customer service and answering all questions both during and after the purchase process
Insurance brokers also provide excellent claims support, working hard to get you all the entitlements you deserve if you need to file a claim. Brokers also know the ins and outs of every policy they sell, making sense of the fine print so you don’t have to worry about exclusions, limitations and other technicalities that can arise. Best of all, insurance brokers offer all these services free of additional charge; clients need only pay their premiums to enjoy all these advantages.
Why Insurance Brokers Can Get the Best Rates
Insurance brokers are often able to get insurance products at rates that are lower than what customers could get on their own. This is because they have privileged insider relationships with insurance companies, and can get insurance providers to bid on your business. This, in turn, makes the playing field more competitive and gives insurers an incentive to offer the very best possible rates.
Providers also offer insurance brokers lower rates because they know brokers have the experience and specialized knowledge to choose the right policies for their clients. There’s no guesswork, and that reduces risk for the insurance company. The insurance business is all about measuring risk; the lower the risk, the lower the rate.
Speaking of risk, brokers are also experts in risk assessment. They can:
- Identify specific risk factors and give advice to clients on steps they can take to reduce their risk before requesting a quote or buying a policy
- Correctly value risk factors, then shop around accordingly; some insurance companies place a premium on certain risk factors, and brokers know how to navigate the insurance industry’s complex landscape
- Recommend policies and products designed to close coverage gaps
- Submit updates that could change your risk profile and help you qualify for lower premiums
More Benefits of Choosing a Broker
Insurance brokers take the time to get to know their customers and truly understand their unique needs. Providers tend to push specific products on buyers, regardless of whether or not they’re exactly what the client needs. When you work with a broker, you protect yourself from the aggressive sales tactics insurance companies sometimes use.
Moreover, brokers know all the ins and outs of the policies they sell. They will cross-check all your options to make sure you choose the product that best serves your particular situation. The end result is better peace of mind, and that’s what insurance should provide.
Trust the Caring Professionals at Lane’s Insurance
The knowledgeable and caring brokers at Lane’s Insurance of Calgary work with Alberta’s most reputable carriers, helping you get the right coverage at the right price. Lane’s Insurance offers coverage for all situations, including home, auto, business, travel, life, health and bundles that can help you save even more. Visit Lane’s Insurance today to get a fast, free quote.